Re: AWG2005 Issues and Repair Question.

Michael W. Lynch

On Tue, Aug 4, 2020 at 09:20 AM, Martin Hodge wrote:

Make sure that the fan in yours is working 100% and really moving air. It's
loud but absolutely necessary.
Martin,

One thing that I am certain of, that fan is working. It sounds like a jet engine next to my 465B. That being said, overheating or issues with the ECL chips could still be a problem. The problem is, how to find the offending component? This sounds like the proverbial "needle in the haystack" exercise. I have been careful to maintain airflow with the case off. Perhaps looking for a "hot" or "cold" chip on the boards might be a clue, one or more chips that are much hotter or cooler than their neighbors?

--
Michael Lynch
Dardanelle, AR