Re: OT - Any interest in starting a Tektronix Logic Analyzer Group?

jslcanuck

Of course; we understand the evolution of the technology and the industry, but
there are as many valid (and often personal) reasons for wanting to run this old
stuff as there were for that abandoment. Rather than continue the debate here,
though, what the hell...

I was going to hold off annoucing until I'd gotten it a little better established, but
I might as well come out now, while a few people are interested. I've created the
group "Logic Analyzers" at https://groups.io/g/logicanalyzers

At the moment it's right out of the box, so please be patient while the usual setup
bugs get worked out.

I also want to be clear on one thing: ALL MAKES, ALL DIGITAL DEVELOPMENT
AND DEBUG EQUIPMENT. No brand snobbery. Logic analyzers, emulators
(another category completely unrepresented, and hard as hell to find anything on
them), signature analyzers, the lot. At this point I'd say "Everthing except device
programmers", because I don't want to poach those from the Data I/O group, which
is fabulous and where we make room for other makes too.

Also, regarding the old Yahoo Tektronix Logic Analyzers group that only has a
placeholder here: I've had a number of conversations with John, the group's
owner, and he's indicated that it failed to transition to groups.io because of the
cost involved, but that he has the archive. I've offered whatever assistance I
can muster to recover the archive's content (at no cost) so that it can make its
way to his groups.io group. What happens with that group (and content) relative
to this new one is a conversation we can have later.

So, folks, BRING IT! Let's get the forum rolling, and I can't wait to see how fast we
can fill up that 1gig allocation with manuals and software!

Jonathan