Preventing SPAM from new members

Prior to the SPAMMER I accepted and approved as a member a few weeks ago
anyone who wanted to post a message to TekScopes had to be approved by me. I
read each of their pending messages to be sure they passed my "smell" test.
If they did, then I approved them as a member and unmoderated them at the
same time.
Unfortunately spammers are now getting better at hiding their intentions and
it is becoming harder to separate them from legitimate future members.
From this point forward I will no longer be un-moderating new members
automatically. I apologize in advance for any inconvenience this may cause
new members.
Thanks to the member who alerted me to that spammer he was immediately
banned, all of his posts were removed, and all of the posts by others in
response the topic(s) he initiated were removed.

Dennis Tillman W7pF