OT - Any interest in starting a Tektronix Logic Analyzer Group?

There was a Tek Logic Analyzer Group on Yahoo.
I was very excited when I found it several years ago and I joined it only to discover that there was very little activity. I suspect that when it was first formed there was a significant amount of interest and activity. I was disappointed when it seemed that over time members lost interest for a variety of reasons.

I suspect there are many reasons why that happened such as:
1) The logic analyzer business is very risky because development costs are very high, product lifetimes are short, potential market size is small, and product delays can result in a useless product.
2) CPU technology evolves at a lightning pace and CPU speeds are so fast hardware can't possibly keep up.
3) Tek got out of the market long ago (wisely).
4) There are cheaper alternatives.

Personally I still enjoy connecting 8-bit and 16-bit CPUs to logic analyzers which is how I learned a great deal about computers back in the late 1970s when I built my first personal computer.

I would love to see a new forum created on Groups.io for Tek Logic Analyzers.
Dennis Tillman W7pF

--
Dennis Tillman W7pF
TekScopes Moderator