Re: Why would you do this?

Roy Thistle

On Sat, Aug 1, 2020 at 09:58 AM, Dennis Tillman W7pF wrote:

So why would he want to take additional photos for a manual he is selling for
$15.00. I thinking he is doing any member who has a P6042 probe a favor by
offering it at all.
Hi Dennis:
It's refreshing to read your post... since I tend to be cynical about Ebay sellers (and Crag's List et. al. sellers too.)
IMHO 20USD is a good bit! (lt's more than millions, maybe 10s of millions of Americans make in an hour, or even 2 hours.) Thus, for a few minutes work, the seller probably made about 20.00USD. Not Bad, for something he/she got from a dumpster! The seller made some money on the shipping/packing too!... they always do! And, the seller already has an Ebay store... selling toy ships, and shoes, and candle wax... even selling tomatoes, but not kings.
Ebay has copious warnings about buying items based on cropped, or single photos, or even stock photos... and though I am not a Ebay seller..listing items, with such pics, leaves a seller wide open for someone to file a case against them, for "not as shown/described."
Lastly, how much time does it take to push the camera button, a couple more times, to get good documentation!... and why don't some sellers do that?
Best regards and wishes.
Roy