Re: OT - Any interest in starting a Tektronix Logic Analyzer Group? (with added bonus question!)

EJP

On Mon, Aug 3, 2020 at 02:45 AM, jslcanuck wrote:

I just took a look at the files section here,
and can there be a
reaction other than "Oh. My. God."? Are you kidding? 6000 files/directories
(and mostly small
stuff, too, since it only totals 800meg) and not organized by type, model, or
anything else?
And nobody in a group of nearly 7000 members who's stepped up to sort it out?
Hard to
believe that in a population that big there's no-one with the required OCD
tendencies to just
wade in and start the cleanup. Or maybe the group's owner(s) like it that
way.
Only the group's owners can sort it out, and of course they are far too busy. Nobody else has the necessary permissions, except the people who uploaded the original data in each case.

And given the existence of the search function, a neat hierarchy of directories isn't actually required. Taxonomy is basically redundant these days,

You don't seem to know much about how these groups actually work.

EJP