Re: OT - Any interest in starting a Tektronix Logic Analyzer Group? (with added bonus question!)

While it's interesting to debate the need for a dedicated LA group (IMHO not needed), what actually impelled Jonathan to post here was his question about the probes.

Sadly his tendency towards OCD pushed the "there needs to be a dedicated group for LAs" issue to the fore, while his immediate need is the answer to the question:

I have a TLA 510/520 I want to press into use. I have the 92C96 acquisition board, cable, and leads - all the way to the individual two-pin signal (+gnd) lead
meant to be plugged into header pins on the target. That's where my problem starts - I need grabber clips (EZ-Hook, KlipChip, etc.), but the grabbers only
have a single pin and the probe cable won't fit onto them. In the manual for this thing (under "optional accessories") they describe:
p/n 020-2108-00: Six 8-channel lead sets, 12 Y-cables, 72 KlipChip Adapters
Are these "Y-cables" little two-wire splitters that go between the probe tip and the grabber?
Does anyone know the answer?

David
-----Original Message-----
From: TekScopes@groups.io [mailto:TekScopes@groups.io] On Behalf Of sdturne@q.com
Sent: 02 August 2020 07:35
To: TekScopes@groups.io
Subject: Re: [TekScopes] OT - Any interest in starting a Tektronix Logic Analyzer Group? (with added bonus question!)

FYI for Saleae users...their SDK is open so you can roll your own protocol analyzers.

Sean

Join TekScopes@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.