From: "jslcanuck" <jonathan.canuck.levine@...>
To: TekScopes@groups.io
Sent: 8/1/2020 8:38:51 AM
Subject: Re: [TekScopes] OT - Any interest in starting a Tektronix Logic Analyzer Group? (with added bonus question!)

Noting that I'm replying nearly ten years after this posting, yes, an analyzer group is needed,
and I really don't think it should be Tek-specific. In fact, there are *already* various analyzer
groups here (both Tek and non-) that haven't seen a post. It's going to take a small group
of people (or maybe just one who's kind of obsessively nuts) to give one a proper launch. I
say open it up to Tek, HP, Arium, and whatever else anyone wants to pour in. In my experience
over in the Data I/O group, people and the potential for discussion is not enough; a critical mass
of useful files (docs and software) is what makes the difference and brings active users.

Bonus added question:

I have a TLA 510/520 I want to press into use. I have the 92C96 acquisition board, cable,
and leads - all the way to the individual two-pin signal (+gnd) leads meant to be plugged into
header pins on the target. That's where my problem starts - I need grabber clips (EZ-Hook,
KlipChip, etc.), but the grabbers only have a single pin and the probe cable won't fit onto
them. In the manual for this thing (under "optional accessories") they describe:

p/n 020-2108-00: Six 8-channel lead sets, 12 Y-cables, 72 KlipChip Adapters

Are these "Y-cables" little two-wire splitters that go between the probe tip and the grabber?