Re: OT - Any interest in starting a Tektronix Logic Analyzer Group? (with added bonus question!)

Chuck Harris

I'm pretty sure I didn't say they were *totally* useless ;-)

Just not all that useful most of the time. Mine would
come off of the shelf more if it was more useful to use
it, than to use other ways.

When LA's were king of the world, board level designs were
pretty simple, and computer simulation was pretty slow and
useless. The tables have turned.

-Chuck Harris

sdturne@q.com wrote:

Chuck,

I wouldn't say logic analyzers are totally useless anymore. Certain niche professional applications remain, especially in the cybersecurity realm. And they are certainly still useful for vintage computer repairs and the like in hobby land.

Also, my decision to purchase a Tek TLA715 saved my bacon when I was doing my MS work and my design literally broke Xilinx ChipScope. I didn't have a huge number of outputs, so I tied them all to board pins and hooked up the TLA715. Worked great!

Sean