Re: TM 500 Power Module Tester and Utility Power Supply

Dave Casey

I have one that was made by Tek (has a Tek serial number). It has a single,
purpose built Tek PWB in it, which has been numbered "670-8715-00" in
Sharpie. The two trimmers in mine are Bourns 386 series. All the front
panel controls and I/O are connected to the PWB with hookup wire (including
the Scope output). The board is laid out such that all these connection
points are near the front panel end of the PWB, and they all appear to be
labeled in the etch layer.

Dave Casey

On Fri, Jul 31, 2020 at 12:43 PM Colin Herbert via groups.io <colingherbert=
blueyonder.co.uk@groups.io> wrote:

Does anyone know any more about this item? It has the ID# 067-1201-99 and
I have the Tek "manual" for it as a pdf. There was also another document
which was termed "Construction Note". Did Tek make any of these, or did
they see them as totally for people to make themselves? The "manual" that I
have has the ID# 061-3001-00. The "Construction Note" (which I also have a
pdf of) seems to be exactly that as well as being a Service Manual in that
it gives some assembly information that would be useful to a constructor.
Both documents include a schematic, but I cannot find any information on
the function of two preset pots R127 and R227. These are described in the
Replaceable Electric Parts List as "non-wirewound, 5K0, 20%, 0.5W" and I am
assuming that they set the +15VDC and -15VDC output levels respectively.

It looks like an interesting item.

Colin.