Re: Type 184

Eric

I have done a cal on the one that I have and it was a weird one. On mine it did need some adjustment. I love the build quality of the 184 and the ability to use double time marks + trigger. Some scope cals call for trigger time with 2 different time marks. only thing i know that will do that is the 184

Zen

On 7/31/2020 12:55 PM, Dave Seiter wrote:
I know how you feel! I still have two GPSDOs and a couple of Rb units sitting around (just in case), but although having at least seven stable zeros is nice, it doesn't make the scope you're working on any more accurate.  Unsubscribing from Timenuts made my life easier...
-Dave
On Friday, July 31, 2020, 09:43:19 AM PDT, Stephen <stephen.nabet@...> wrote:
On Fri, Jul 31, 2020 at 05:36 AM, Tom Gardner wrote:

Ah. A perfectionist tweaker :)
Yes, I am.  I like precision.  Maybe I do have an OCD.  😂

A quick skim of the schematic makes me think I would expect to see offsets on
the outputs.
Ok.

It is a time calibrator, not an amplitude calibrator. I'd be satisfied if the
peak-peak amplitudes are acceptably large.
Honestly, I haven’t had the time to check everything yet, but for what I’m using it for (mostly .1ms and 1ms time marks), it works like a charm.