Re: Type 184

Eric

Slight frequency oscillation is NORMAL and is called out in the calibration document. It is because the temperature variation of the ovenized crystal. the oscillation should coincide with the oven light cycling on and off. If you are warming up the 187 to calibrate something it needs a 2 hour warm up followed by the 30 minute ON warn up. The oven needs 2 hours to thermal soak the crystal.

Zen

On 7/31/2020 12:23 PM, Stephen wrote:
On Fri, Jul 31, 2020 at 04:44 AM, Mlynch001 wrote:

On Fri, Jul 31, 2020 at 10:26 AM, Stephen wrote:

s it acceptable? It oscillates between 10000.024 to 10000.030 kHz

I don’t feel confident nor confortable touching it. Would you?
In my opinion, Your counter could just as easily have an error and be reading
slightly high. Without a verifiable standard to compare either instrument
with, it is impossible to determine, I would leave it as is until you can
find a reliable standard source.

--
Michael Lynch
Dardanelle, AR

PS: Did you receive my last email yesterday?