Re: Type 184

Roy Morgan

The error reading you get from your counter seems to be on the order of one fifth of one thousandth of a percent.

The spec on the 184 is one thousandth of one percent.

So, IF the counter is dead on, the 184 error is well within specification. I offer two questions:

1) Is the counter dead on?

2) Why worry about it? Do you really need or want time marks to be accurate to one thousandth of one percent? (Another way to think about this is: how wide is the trace on a scope you might want to calibrate?)

Roy Morgan
K1LKY Western Mass

On Jul 31, 2020, at 11:52 AM, Ken Eckert <eckertkp@...> wrote:

´╗┐From the manual:

2. Check Crystal Oscillator Frequency
a. Requirement-Frequency 1 0 MHz ┬▒ 1 00 Hz at ambient
room temperature. Crystal oven stabil ized. (Two hours
warm-up time after power is appl ied before crystal oven is
stabilized.)

On Fri, Jul 31, 2020 at 8:41 AM Tom Gardner <tggzzz@...> wrote:

On 31/07/20 16:26, Stephen wrote:
I have this Type 184 that I acquired a few months back from EBay.