Re: Type 184

Tom Gardner

On 31/07/20 17:25, Stephen wrote:
On Fri, Jul 31, 2020 at 05:09 AM, Tom Gardner wrote:

On 31/07/20 17:05, Stephen wrote:
On Fri, Jul 31, 2020 at 04:40 AM, Tom Gardner wrote:

There are two possible answers:

* is it with the published specification?
* does it do what you need it to do?>
Yes and yes.
In that case the question becomes "what have I got to gain by fiddling with
it?". That can be balanced against what you might have to lose. The balance
seems easy :)

That presumes all the outputs work as expected, but that is very different to
the frequency accuracy.
Everything works. So you’re right. I have nothing to gain messing with it.

Although now that you mention it, I did notice some +DC offset when my scope is DC coupled...
Hmmmm...
Ah. A perfectionist tweaker :)

A quick skim of the schematic makes me think I would expect to see offsets on the outputs.

It is a time calibrator, not an amplitude calibrator. I'd be satisfied if the peak-peak amplitudes are acceptably large.