Re: Type 184

Ken Eckert

From the manual:

2. Check Crystal Oscillator Frequency
a. Requirement-Frequency 1 0 MHz ± 1 00 Hz at ambient
room temperature. Crystal oven stabil ized. (Two hours
warm-up time after power is appl ied before crystal oven is
stabilized.)

On Fri, Jul 31, 2020 at 8:41 AM Tom Gardner <tggzzz@...> wrote:

On 31/07/20 16:26, Stephen wrote:
I have this Type 184 that I acquired a few months back from EBay.
After cleaning all the contacts and switches, it works fine. However,
the last calibration stickers dates from 1982. So I assume it hasn’t been
calibrated since.
Yesterday I checked the 10Mhz base frequency and found this:

https://groups.io/g/TekScopes/photo/251419/0?p=Created,,,20,2,0,0

Is it acceptable? It oscillates between 10000.024 to 10000.030 kHz
There are two possible answers:

* is it with the published specification?
* does it do what you need it to do?

I don’t feel confident nor confortable touching it. Would you?
Yes I would, but I'm not you.

I have been /very careful/ not to physically touch some of the internal
metalwork when plugged in, and only to bend some of the exposed wires
after it
has been /unplugged/ for at least a minute.

My attitude? If you are happy with it, then touching it can only make you
less
happy with it.