Re: 485 Cordwrap Feet

Tom Bowers

For what it's worth, I traveled all over the US with a 485 for nearly 10
years, back when you could put a scope in the overhead bin of an airplane.
This scope had a probe bag so coiling the cord and slipping it under the
snap down flap into the bag provided great cord protection. I don't know
how common the bag option was but it worked great for me over thousands of
miles of travel. I still have that scope, if anyone wants a picture,
contact me off list.

Tom Bowers
pvhengineering at gmail dot com

On Thu, Jul 23, 2020 at 11:11 AM Raymond Cote <@Bluegrass>
wrote:

What good are links if there are NO pictures?

In matters of style, float with the current. In matters of Principle,
stand like a rock. “. — Thomas Jefferson —

On Jul 23, 2020, at 10:04, Michael W. Lynch via groups.io <mlynch003=
yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

Jeff,

Yep, Good Ole "southern engineering". I was thinking that if this was
indeed a 485, then it was entirely possible for someone who was industrious
enough, to adapt another cordwrap foot to the unit. My first vote was for
a mis-identified unit. This is a good idea, since the 485 lacks any place
to go with the cord in its original configuration.

--
Michael Lynch
Dardanelle, AR