Re: 485 Cordwrap Feet

Jeff Davis

@Barry, @Chuck, @Dennis, @Dave, @Jim, @Roy, @Michael W. Lynch via groups.io<mailto:mlynch003=yahoo.com@groups.io>

Thanks for your responses. At the risk of returning the thread to the original topic 🙂, I thought I'd clear the mystery up, at least a little bit.

Turns out the customer DOES have a 485. But clearly, his 485 does NOT have the original cord wrap. It appears that at some time in the past, they were replaced with the feet that I shared in the photo album. If you'll look, you'll see that there's a notch cut out of one side of the foot. That apparently was done to make the foot fit onto the scope and avoid interference with the housing protrusion. I added a photo of the foot installed to the album https://groups.io/g/TekScopes/album?id=250966.

So, mystery partially solved. I have some idle curiosity about where the foot came from as it's clearly not a 454, 465, or 475 foot (I know those by sight). But I can live with it. One day I'll come across one and the light bulb may (or may not) light up.

Jeff

Sent: Thursday, July 23, 2020 6:07 AM
To: TekScopes@groups.io <TekScopes@groups.io>
Subject: Re: [TekScopes] 485 Cordwrap Feet

I think I've heard those referred to as "Mickey Mouse" connectors.

Thanks,
Barry - N4BUQ

----- Original Message -----
To: TekScopes@groups.io
Sent: Wednesday, July 22, 2020 11:38:26 PM
Subject: Re: [TekScopes] 485 Cordwrap Feet

Funny you should mention those IEC power connectors, Dennis, as I just
received a new wired router (opting for security, reliability, and speed
for my 3 computers that stay in one place) today, and what do you know,
it did not have an IEC connector on it. Instead, the power cable had a
"3 merged circles" (kind of like 3/5 of the Olympics symbol) connector.
Not sure why.

Join TekScopes@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.