Re: TDS794D with broken Hard drive

Martin Hodge

On Thu, Jul 23, 2020 at 06:56 AM, Holger L├╝bben wrote:

Based on the suggestion I picked up a CF card with an CF to IDE adapter.
For the first tests I took the cheapest card and adapter I could get. And they
work perfectly.
The adapter has to be configured as "Master" and the card has to be formatted
as FAT16. This limits the maximum capacity to somewhere around 4GB.
I've added a picture of the result to the photo album of this group.

The next step is to get one of those adapters in the formfactor of a 2.5" hdd
and maybe a more professional card. This will the modification more easily.

I'll post the progress here and on tekwiki.

Holger

I'm interested in that Gotek adapter you have installed. Is there a specific model to look for or did you 3d print it?