Re: 11801 diagnostic help

Reginald Beardsley

Do an auto setup, That display is symptomatic of a bug in the 11801. I see it *all* the time. When I do, I do an auto setup and then reset things. Sometimes it requires an "initialize". Quite annoying.

I still haven't figured out what setting causes it after *many* hours with my 11801.

I just coughed >$$$ to chipxs for an SD-30, but also lucked out and snagged an SD-24 for <$90 all up.

And this is *all* Leo Bodnar's fault! If he hadn't sent me a CSA803A plot with the pulser I bought from him I would never have done this ;-)

You might want to check out this thread:

https://www.eevblog.com/forum/rf-microwave/testing-rf-connectors-and-cables/msg2640531/#msg2640531

Lots of TDR porn.

Have Fun!
Reg