TDS540B switches during boot VGA output from color to monochrome

HK

Hi! I found my first Tek device, a TDS540B. After approx. 40 minutes the monochrome display collapses, but the VGA output is then still ok. Any idea what is going wrong? Looks like a power supply is going wild.
Anyway, my first question is: How to configure the device to send color to the VGA output. I noticed that during boot time for 2 seconds the output is colored! Even as the internal monitor is monochrome.
Is this device one of the problem childs with capacitor leakage?

Thank you for any help!
- Henry