Re: TM506

Stephen

On Tue, Jul 21, 2020 at 12:33 AM, <scm@menasians.com> wrote:

Generally, the center pin on a TO-247 transistor is the collector. A good
guess for the emitter and base can be gleaned from a datasheet for a
documented power transistor. Everything can be verified by making the
continuity measurements I described earlier. A second level of verification
can be made by unsoldering the leads to the emitter and base of a good (not
shorted!!) transistor. The base-emitter measurement should look like a diode
in with the same polarity as the base-collector diode.
I will do that as someone else also suggested earlier.