Re: TM506

Doug Bercich

The photos - to me, if I'm interpreting them correctly - show diodes on the first one and a thermal switch on the second. I'm not sure which manual you're working from but that might be part of the problem. The manual on BAMA is from the '60s but the one on TekWiki is from 1974 and looks very similar to your unit.

Remember to be VERY careful while probing around. We've all done it - let a meter lead slip and bridge some transistor legs or worse... Also, if you're using a mains powered oscilloscope during troubleshooting you can't just clip the ground wire anywhere or you can end up with worse problems than you started with.