On 2020-07-20, at 03:20, Chuck Harris <cfharris@...> wrote:
Why is this here?
As of August 2018 the State of California has changed the requirements of the "Prop 65" law. We now must list on our website any possible chemicals the can cause cancer, birth defects or reproductive problem.
As an example:
• ABS plastic contains styrene
• PVC wire insulation can contain Di(2-ethylhexyl)phthalate (DEHP)
• electrolytic capacitors can contain Ethylene glycol
• Brass can contain Lead
• flame retardant pc boards can contain Tetrabromobisphenol A (TBBPA)
• Aluminum alloys can contain Chromium
To put it simply we are a small company and do not have the resources to test every single part, so we list every thing as hazardous. Please recycle all electronic parts responsibly and under no circumstance eat, drink or smoke these parts and wash your hands after touching!
Typical cop-out created by non-thinking regulation.
But I generally agree with the advice not to try smoking ferrite beads.