work. Paper is fairly abrasive so it makes sense. Has anyone heard of this?
I have used the idea and never had a problem with rubbing off the plating.
I would not do this on the contacts in those Tek switches.

On Wed, Jul 15, 2020, 19:55 David C. Partridge <
@perdrix> wrote:

AFAIK the white one is the soft one Don't even think of using the hard
ones
on gold pads.

-----Original Message-----
From: TekScopes@groups.io [mailto:TekScopes@groups.io] On Behalf Of Martin
Sent: 15 July 2020 21:31
To: TekScopes@groups.io
Subject: Re: [TekScopes] DSA 602 acting up (power supply?)

Hi Tom,

thanks for the answer and all the details. Right now I have a big repair
job
to finish, an HP8645A with multiple faults. But I'm confident to finish in
week or so.

I guess I will recognize the "Hypcon", must be something special. What is
this "white Stadler-Mars eraser"? Is this the one with fiberglass, or the
usual rubber?

Summer holidays are approaching... I must motivate my boys to carry the
other DSA from the basement up in the lab, so I can take care of both of
them. Theres a firmware topic to be clarified, too....

cheers
Martin