Re: My first scope, a Tektronix 11401 with option 2D extended memory and two 11A34 plugins and an 11A33 plugin.

Jim Ford

114XX I have no interest in, but 118XX I do.  Having used a CSA803 at work (as well as an HP 54120) several decades ago, I would love to have a 118XX in my garage lab.  Tek beats HP with the modularity, and the Tek SD-24 sampling plug-in got "Best in Show", so to speak, from Jim Andrews of Picosecond Pulse Labs (acquired by Tek/Danaher in 2014).My $0.02.Jim Ford Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone

-------- Original message --------From: Precaud <jbau@...> Date: 7/11/20 5:53 AM (GMT-08:00) To: TekScopes@groups.io Subject: Re: [TekScopes] My first scope, a Tektronix 11401 with option 2D extended memory and two 11A34 plugins and an 11A33 plugin. It takes a brave person to admit to liking and using an 11k-series scope  :)I have a couple and "like" them in remote-controlled applications, but hands-on operation is a different matter. The digitizer is excellent (if you need 10 bits), I love the large display, and the 11k preamps are superb. I think the entire user interface was designed with remote programming in mind. Even after years of occasional use I can't remember how to do some basic, simple stuff from the front panel. Because of this, it has earned a spot on the floor next to the bench, deployed only when needed.