Re: Tektronix Blue paint

Richard Knoppow

Its better. The example I used in my post does not really have columns. I found that part of the preservation of formatting depends on the choice of font. If you use variable spacing and the reader uses fixed spacing things will not line up. I don't know a real cure for this.
   I suppose someone who mixes custom paints probably understands the formula.

On 7/11/2020 2:06 PM, Reed Dickinson wrote:
I am re-sending the data as the columns did not line up.    Years ago a friend, Stan Griffiths, now deceased, passed on to me this Tektronix Blue paint formula.  He called it Williamsburg Blue.  He said it came from a commercial paint company but I really do not know how to read the formula.  Here it is:
B  4Y22  Black,    C 33 Yellow oxide,  D 1Y29 Green,  W 1Y32 White, E 1Y45 Blue, Base 7-916Y = ounces, 4Y = 4 ounces,  48 Points = 1 ounce
Another formula, this one from the late Dean Kidd, is as follows:
Base, E480 DBD Interior Satin
Lamp Black  37 shots,  Thalo Green  22 half shots,  Thalo Blue 30 half shots, white 1 ounce 8 shots
I would appreciate any feedback on these two formulas for my notes.
Reed Dickinson, 1705 Stonehenge Drive, Tustin, CA  92780, reed714@...

--
Richard Knoppow
dickburk@...