Re: Tektronix Blue paint - source in the UK ??

I can get that done in the U.K. so I guess it’s still common

Robin

On 11 Jul 2020, at 17:09, Dave Daniel <kc0wjn@gmail.com> wrote:

The other problem is that once mixed, it is difficult (but not impossible) to spray it on the parts to be painted. If one has a paint sprayer, it’s not too big a deal, except for having to clean the sprayer afterwards.

I heard a while back that one or more paint vendors would mix it and package it in spray-paint cans. I don’t know that was or still is the case.

DaveD

On Jul 11, 2020, at 11:57, Robin_Birch <robinb@ruffnready.co.uk> wrote:

Yes,
All automotive paint suppliers will colour match and create a good match for you. The problem with quoting a specific paint supplier’s base or mix colours is that only works where that manufacturer’s colours are available.

Cheers

Robin
On 11 Jul 2020, at 15:31, Stephen Hanselman <kc4sw.io@kc4sw.com> wrote:
I’m not sure about folks outside of the US but if it were me I’d take a side panel down to the paint store and have them color match it. I’ve used this method on my house where it works well, no reason it shouldn’t work on test equipment

Regards,

Stephen Hanselman
Datagate Systems, LLC
On Jul 11, 2020, at 04:26, Colin Herbert via groups.io <colingherbert=blueyonder.co.uk@groups.io> wrote:

There has been communication on Tek blue paint ever since I joined this Forum. May I respectfully suggest that you have a search through the past posts to find all you can. There is a lot of information there, though a good deal relates to US providers, I am sure that some UK-dwelling members have contributed.
Colin.