Re: My first scope, a Tektronix 11401 with option 2D extended memory and two 11A34 plugins and an 11A33 plugin.

Precaud

It takes a brave person to admit to liking and using an 11k-series scope :)

I have a couple and "like" them in remote-controlled applications, but hands-on operation is a different matter. The digitizer is excellent (if you need 10 bits), I love the large display, and the 11k preamps are superb. I think the entire user interface was designed with remote programming in mind. Even after years of occasional use I can't remember how to do some basic, simple stuff from the front panel. Because of this, it has earned a spot on the floor next to the bench, deployed only when needed.