Re: Tektronix 2230

Raymond Cote

Digikey lists it as available in tape form.
YMMV

In matters of style, float with the current. In matters of Principle, stand like a rock. “. — Thomas Jefferson —

On Jul 11, 2020, at 02:54, Saroj Pradhan <sarojman.Pradhan@...> wrote:

On Sat, Jul 11, 2020, 1:04 PM satbeginner <@satbeginner> wrote:

Hello Saroj,

Many moons ago in the lab I worked we had a guy who made all the special
use transformers we needed.

I learned from him to use what he used :-)

In between windings he used a thin layer of Kaptan foil (polyimide, thin
light brown, slightly transparent) held in place with a simple piece of
normal electrical tape.
Then the next winding, insulation layer, next winding, etc.

This kaptan is heat resistant, thin and also provide s good isolation.

Sometimes you find it as a foil used in old electrical devices,and you
only need a little.

Good luck,

Leo