Re: Tektronix 2230

Saroj Pradhan

Hi Satbeginner
Thanks for the information.
Is kapton a sheet that we put in the pcb to protect components while hot
airing the pcb?
To day I put the 1-2 winding. The number of turns came out to be 153.
Thanks
Saroj

On Sat, Jul 11, 2020, 1:04 PM satbeginner <castellcorunas@gmail.com> wrote:

Hello Saroj,

Many moons ago in the lab I worked we had a guy who made all the special
use transformers we needed.

I learned from him to use what he used :-)

In between windings he used a thin layer of Kaptan foil (polyimide, thin
light brown, slightly transparent) held in place with a simple piece of
normal electrical tape.
Then the next winding, insulation layer, next winding, etc.

This kaptan is heat resistant, thin and also provide s good isolation.

Sometimes you find it as a foil used in old electrical devices,and you
only need a little.

Good luck,

Leo