Restoring 545b

Jayadamski728@...

Hi all, I am from London uk and I am restoring a 545b which I obtained from ebay for £30. It was in a bad state when I recieved it and had 7 vacuum tubes missing. I now have got it to the point where I get a dot on the screen from both A and B channels and it seems the vertical output is not working at all. I think a lot of the problems is with dirty contacts on the rotary switches ...
I was wondering what is the best way to clean these as I have tried to clean them with alcohol and cotton buds. Do you guys have a good way to clean them and get all the oxide off ?