From: TekScopes@groups.io [mailto:TekScopes@groups.io] On Behalf Of Dallas Smith
Sent: Tuesday, July 07, 2020 10:33 AM
To: TekScopes@groups.io
Subject: [TekScopes] Another 7D20 attenuator question

My second 7D20 attenuators started acting up. Cleaned relays and substrate to no avail. I noticed that the 'A12 & A13 substrate PCB has tarnished relay contacts. there are a dull gray (lead?). I thought Tek gold plated PCB contacts for non corrosion and good contact resistance? Is there a way to gold plate the contact areas. Were they ever gold? I think this is the root problem with these plugins, cleaning seems to have no effect. Reluctant to buy another unit with this factory design error.

What do you say?

--
Dennis Tillman W7pF
TekScopes Moderator