Re: 7000-series plug-in power tester

Dave Seiter

Does a cable extender with a separate power output header specifically for testing count?  Built into a dead plugin, the extender cable terminates into the card edge connector, while the power header is fixed on plugin face for stability.
-Dave

On Sunday, July 5, 2020, 07:44:25 PM PDT, stevenhorii <sonodocsch@...> wrote:

Bill,

Thanks - I saw that link and am interested. I'll go back and find it. My
thought was just for powering the plug-ins, but if you're going to do that,
why not use the inputs/outputs also.

Steve H

On Sun, Jul 5, 2020 at 10:41 PM Bill Perkins <sales@...> wrote:

        A few weeks back a fellow posted just such a device, intended to
make
7K-series plug-ins outputs available for DSOs.

        I don't have a link, sorry

        Bill

Has anyone built a tester that would provide all the normal power to a
7000-series plug-in? Would it be worth doing? Maybe a way to do a quick
"smoke" test of plug-in not known to be good. Outside of the mainframe,
you'd have access to the power rails and test points.

is it worth it as opposed to putting the plug-in into a known good
mainframe?