Re: Wikipedia is not an appropriate topic for TekScopes. WAS repair tools: Autotransformers/variacs

stevenhorii

Reg,

You mentioned "a pair of 106s" - Hewlett-Packard frequency standards? Those
were very accurate quartz standards and hard to find. I once turned up a
couple and they worked but had been heavily modified by some US Government
lab - the fine frequency adjustment was partly removed. I swapped them to a
time-and-frequency guy who wanted them for parts to keep his 106 running. I
have used an HP 107 and have a 105A quartz standard that runs fine. I used
to check the 105 against WWV 60kHz, but am in the process of switching to
GPS as a reference. I have an HP disciplined quartz standard that uses GPS
to keep the quartz oscillator on frequency.

Do you know about the "Time Nuts" folks?

Steve H.

On Mon, Jun 29, 2020 at 9:28 PM Reginald Beardsley via groups.io <pulaskite=
yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

On Sat, Jun 27, 2020 at 02:09 PM, Dennis Tillman W7pF wrote:

TekScopes is "All about classic Tektronix test equipment, its use,
repair,
and collecting".

What do comments and opinions about Wikipedia have to do with TekScopes?

Dennis Tillman W7pF

--
Dennis Tillman W7pF
TekScopes Moderator

Discussions drift because people make statements others don't understand
and the explanations often go far afield. It is inevitable.

I was not aware that discussion on TekScopes was restricted to the
cognesceti. If that's the case then I certainly don't belong here.

I own 8-10 pieces of Tek gear and about 20-25 pieces of HP gear. And no
significant experience with any except for a pair of 106s and a 465. And
my recent 11801. It was simply outside my budget until a couple of years
ago when old age set in.

"Collecting" test gear borders on being offensive to me. It seems to be a
TekScopes obsession. I've never seen an "is an xxxx worth restoring?"
post on the HPAK list. These instruments were made to be *used*, not
worshiped.

If TekScopes is going "technically correct" I'm simply going to stop
reading it.

Reg