Re: Wikipedia is not an appropriate topic for TekScopes. WAS repair tools: Autotransformers/variacs

Reginald Beardsley

On Sat, Jun 27, 2020 at 02:09 PM, Dennis Tillman W7pF wrote:

TekScopes is "All about classic Tektronix test equipment, its use, repair,
and collecting".

What do comments and opinions about Wikipedia have to do with TekScopes?

Dennis Tillman W7pF

--
Dennis Tillman W7pF
TekScopes Moderator

Discussions drift because people make statements others don't understand and the explanations often go far afield. It is inevitable.

I was not aware that discussion on TekScopes was restricted to the cognesceti. If that's the case then I certainly don't belong here.

I own 8-10 pieces of Tek gear and about 20-25 pieces of HP gear. And no significant experience with any except for a pair of 106s and a 465. And my recent 11801. It was simply outside my budget until a couple of years ago when old age set in.

"Collecting" test gear borders on being offensive to me. It seems to be a TekScopes obsession. I've never seen an "is an xxxx worth restoring?" post on the HPAK list. These instruments were made to be *used*, not worshiped.

If TekScopes is going "technically correct" I'm simply going to stop reading it.

Reg