Re: Tek 2215 vertical gain


Michael W. Lynch
 

On Mon, Jun 29, 2020 at 05:30 PM, John Shadbolt wrote:


Thanks Mike, very relevant, I cleaned up the beam finder switch and the
difference between bottom and top height is now 1.8 and 2.5 squares (1:1.4) so
an improvment over 2.5 and 4 squares (1:1.6). Beam finder switches clearly
don't get used much!

Regards,
John
John,

Glad to hear that this helped you.

Exercise all those switches vigorously. My 485 took quite some time to become fully functional. I cleaned and used DEOXIT on the thing about 3 or 4 different times before the trace came fully back as it should be. Make sure to use a cleaner that does not leave residue or attract dust.

There are a lot of these switches on TEK scopes and they all suffer from the same malady. Clean everyone that you can find on your 2215.

I find dirty switches and contacts are the number one cause of scope "failures".

Good Luck with your scope.

--
Michael Lynch
Dardanelle, Arkansas

Join TekScopes@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.