I think this is excellent advice, and I will also do all I can to encourage my employees and others to do the same, as will I personally.

Thanks,
Kyle

On Jun 27, 2020, at 3:33 PM, Carsten Bormann <cabocabo@...> wrote:

On 2020-06-27, at 21:09, Dennis Tillman W7pF <@Dennis_Tillman_W7pF> wrote:

What do comments and opinions about Wikipedia have to do with TekScopes?
Where people are being encouraged to put their knowledge into Wikipedia, a lot.
(Regurgitating outdated prejudices, not so much.)

Grüße, Carsten

PS.: I’ve been teaching for a few decades now, and in the middle of the 2000s, I noticed that students in exams weren’t just telling me the usual random garbage, but consistent garbage. After a short while I found out they had their “knowledge" from Wikipedia. So I made a point out of fixing the relevant Wikipedia articles each time before I gave a lecture. 15 years later, the situation has improved, a *lot*. I still give out an assignment to all students at the end of courses to “fix a couple wikipedia pages”, so the students learn it is easy to do, doesn’t hurt, and (if it sticks) it might even be something they can show to future employers.

So, if you *know* something, and find mistakes in Wikipedia, please fix them. Right there! The fix might not stick, so a little frustration tolerance is needed, but on average the world gets to be a better place.
A world knowing more about Tek Scopes, as well.