Re: 2% Silver

Monty Montgomery

On Sun, Jun 21, 2020 at 6:29 PM Randy.AB9GO <randy.ab9go@...> wrote:
On the other
end of the spectrum is lead free and unless I have to work on something
that is already lead free I'm just not buying it or using it. Awful awful
stuff.
There's a million different kinds. Some are good enough I don't miss
lead, though time will tell if the joints hold up. Currently trying
out the new germanium doped varieties. Anyone else tried those? And
then, of course, there's bismuth.... Collect a few different types
and you can do four complete hands-off reflow passes to assemble
boards with components on both sides! Useful for hybrid attenuator
assemblies.

Still shouldn't mix any of it though, especially not with leaded joints.

Monty