Re: 585A: things to look out for?

Sean Turner

This is wrong...I keep getting turned around in the heater wiring forgetting that it is connected to ground...

Sean

On Sun, Jun 21, 2020 at 07:29 PM, @0culus wrote:

Quick update: I tried a power up with the time delay tube removed to
permanently disable B+. It tried to start but popped the fuse shortly. I went
looking around the 100V rail and the heater supply, and found a suspected
shorted filter cap in the heater supply, C786 (100uF). It reads basically a
dead short (couple of ohms) at DC on an ohmmeter from + to ground. I have not
removed it from circuit yet, but various tests in-circuit are not promising
for this cap.

Sean