Re: 2465B BIOS - D27011 Eprom programming

Roy Thistle

On Sat, Jun 20, 2020 at 06:45 PM, <henasau@hotmail.com> wrote:

I need to program Intel D27011
I need to program them too. (I'd be satisfied with something that will just do these paged chips.)
In another thread, I raised the point that I am too cheep to pay hundreds of U.S. dollars for a box (admittedly, usually with a snazzy logo), a zif socket, and a few dollars worth of semiconductors... that makes up the hardware of these old programmers. Most of the value, and the consumer's purchase cost was in/and for the software. And that's usually free now, for these old serial/parallel port programmers (the ones that do 27011)
I was asking in that older thread... what about constructing a programmer, just for 27011?
If that's not attractive... because most of you have programmers that can program 27011? then why not a hardware emulator with the same approximate footprint as the original chip?