Re: Some interesting Nuvistor information

greenboxmaven

One of the NuVistors used in Tektronix scopes is designed for very low anode voltage, about 30 volts. I have a 423 I got at a hamfest that uses them. One was so weak it was impossible to get the trace on the screen, replacing it brought everything back just fine.

Bruce Gentry, KA2IVY

On 6/15/20 12:44 PM, Dale H. Cook wrote:
On 6/15/2020 12:21 PM, Roy Thistle wrote:

Where any of these used in Tek stuff?
Six 8393s were used in the original release of the Tek 453 in the inputs to both channels and in both trigger generators and both sweep generators. All six were replaced by FETs in the second version of the 453 (serials above 20,000). When Tek introduced the 453 in response to IBM's need for a compact and durable lab-grade 'scope that would fit under an airliner seat the 8393 was a superb choice. Many of us consider the 453 to be the first truly portable lab-grade 'scope.