Re: DSA 602 "partial enhanced accuracy" at each startup


 

On Tue, Jun 16, 2020 at 03:33 AM, Tom Norman wrote:


It has however done a spurious "TekSecure" erase 2 or 3 times in the last 5 years or so.
That was interesting info ...
In the early 90's we had a customer with a DSA601 purchased in 89 with F/W 1.2. It soon started doing exactly that, mostly at power
up but occasionally also during operation. The customer wasn't very happy since it could destroy a whole days work which sometimes
couldn't be repeated. Beaverton had never heard of this problem and recommended a F/W update to 1.3. It didn't solve the problem.
I think we then went trough every new F/W version and also some board exchange without success. I think one of these versions may
have had Martin's problem but I'm not sure which one, possibly 2.2. The story ends more than two years from the initial fault report
when the scope was sent to Beaverton for a free upgrade to the A hardware, i.e. floppy drive so the customer could save his important
data on floppies instead. After that I didn't hear anything more from the customer about this problem.

/HÃ¥kan

Join TekScopes@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.