Re: Tek 475A transformer replacement

aldue

Hi Jim, I have some pin removal tools that work on various Molex style
connectors. They amount to a thin tube that slides over the pin which
disengages the exterior spurs plus, a piston plunger to eject the pin.
The pin diameter needs to be near the tools size.
I shall send a photo in a few minutes. They require more muscle than you
expect however, they work neatly with a bit of persistence. Wish you
success with the project, Gary

On Thu, Jun 4, 2020, 5:55 AM <jim.hall@gvtc.com> wrote:

Hello. I am new to this group, but am very interested in the discussions.
As a hobby, I have restored some Tek 465 and 475 scopes. My latest 475A has
a bad low voltage transformer. It plows the main fuse even when all of the
secondary windings are disconnected. To replace it, I need a pin removal
tool (Tek 003-0707-00), but have been unable to locate one. I would
appreciate any suggestions where I can acquire one. Thanks.