TM504 Front Panels

-----Original Message-----
From: TekScopes@groups.io [mailto:TekScopes@groups.io] On Behalf Of Dennis Tillman W7pF
Sent: Tuesday, June 02, 2020 1:59 PM
To: TekScopes@groups.io
Subject: Re: [TekScopes] Advice about buying a 7904

Hi Michael,
You are correct. Those plugins and many of the newer "A" versions of the DM5xxA models have a more complex front panel.
But the plugins with complicated 3D extruded front panels make up less than 10% of what was made.
A blank front panel with the front area recessed (and a flat backside) will make it possible to restore the appearance of a lot of otherwise perfectly working plugins with damaged front panels Dennis

-----Original Message-----
From: TekScopes@groups.io [mailto:TekScopes@groups.io] On Behalf Of Michael W. Lynch via groups.io
Sent: Tuesday, June 02, 2020 7:38 AM
To: TekScopes@groups.io
Subject: Re: [TekScopes] Advice about buying a 7904

Dennis,

Taking a very cursory look at a few TM500 plug ins, I see some issues here, For example, my PG506 and DM502A (surely others as well?) have a very complex back plane with mounting bosses as well as screws that come in from the sides, with threaded inserts. In themselves, These are not insurmountable, however, it does make for a much more complex 3D printing problem, mainly because of the dimensional accuracy required for proper alignment of all the parts. Later design Plug ins are not flat on the front or the back sides e.g. there are recesses and/or protrusions on both sides.

Perhaps there are some that are less complex that you could suggest that would be better candidates??

I am not going to abandon the idea, but it will take some time to figure out the best way to approach the problem .

--
Michael Lynch
Dardanelle, Arkansas

--
Dennis Tillman W7pF
TekScopes Moderator

--
Dennis Tillman W7pF
TekScopes Moderator

Join TekScopes@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.