Re: Oscilloscope Sales

Reed Dickinson

Hi Dave:
Planes have been known to fly dreamers to Southern California.  Maybe BCNU!
Reed

On Tuesday, June 2, 2020, 05:50:53 AM PDT, David Slipper <softfoot@...> wrote:

It's a shame you aren't in the UK - I'd be very tempted.
I can but dream.

Sigh,
Dave

Greetings fellow Tekkies:
In a few days I will be 86 years young and I feel the limits of age
slowly creeping through my joints.  Years ago I bid on a number of
Tektronix Oscilloscopes offered by the now defunct Hughes Corporation
here in Southern California.  My bid was high and when I went to pick
them up I found that what I got was about four times what I bid on.
In the final result I came home three times with a pickup full of 465,
465B, 468, 475, 475A, 485 and three 7854 scopes.  The total was near
200.  I was the winning bidder and the workers loading the instruments
were more than glad to get rid of the scopes.  I now want to get my
garage back so I am offering these scopes first to members of this
forum.  After a few weeks on the forum I intend to put them on
Craigslist and after that on eBay.  I am not yet willing to sell the
485's but the other ones are game to be sold.
I also have a selection of plug-ins for the 7000 series of scopes at
$75 each or three for $200 or five for $300.
I am asking $100 for each oscilloscope, as-is, or three for $250. All
sales will be cash only.  I am not prepared to ship them so it will be
first-come-first-sold on a pickup only basis.  These scopes have not
been canibalized for parts and are just like I got them years ago.
I would be open for reasonable bids on any quantity of these scopes.
For more information please email me at reed714@... or write
me at:
Reed Dickinson1705 Stonehenge DriveTustin, CA  92780
714.838.6241 (please call afternoons only)

.