From: TekScopes@groups.io [mailto:TekScopes@groups.io] On Behalf Of Dave Daniel
Sent: Tuesday, June 02, 2020 12:50 PM
To: TekScopes@groups.io
Subject: Re: [TekScopes] SC502 Old Enough to Smoke?

Is the ‘scope working to spec?

On Jun 2, 2020, at 15:40, DaveH52 <@DaveH52> wrote:

I have a TM506 that came with a full load of plugins, all of which seem to work OK except the SC502 which emits a magic smoke smell. My uncalibrated nose tells me it's coming from the A1 main board on the bottom. My uncalibrated eyes did not detect anything looking discolored or burnt just an old spider nest that has since been removed. My uncalibrated nose says it's not coming from the HV supply section. Are there any "usual suspects" I should investigate first, before applying power again?

--
Dennis Tillman W7pF
TekScopes Moderator