Re: looking for 5500 uf cap for tek 475

Eric

Graham try Oshpark direct from the PCB maker. 11 us for 3 adapters.  At least it was not sure what the shipping would be.

On 6/2/2020 10:44 AM, VK1GVC wrote:
Jeff, I see you've found them on fleabay but FYI Michael posted about 10 days ago that they were eBay item 273254508468 where I found them too.  The cost of a set of boards is USD11 whereas the postage to AUS is about USD19 - hardly a good deal unfortunately.  I asked the seller about any less costly postage and he said he was bound by eBay rules to have package tracking, hence the cost.  I guess I'll do without.

Hope your postage costs within CONUS are a bit more reasonable!

Graham

On 3/06/2020 12:14 am, jeff corey wrote:
Wow, thanks to all for your prompt responses!  I found the adapter boards on fleebay and will order some and re-cap the 5 caps in the PS with newer technology.  I have been away from my roots as a EE  running a sucessfull IT company that pays more, but with quarantine and all i have had more time and interest in repairing old equipment.  Component technology has sure changed since the big can capacitors we designed into the 48 v power suplies at the ITT phone company where I started.  I remember a tech soldered one in backwards and I was up on a ladder debugging some wirewarap backplanes and it narrowly missed my ear as it shot its outer can off like a bullet.

Of course now that I have gotten reinterested in boat anchor tech the Hamfests are a distant memory.  Hope they can start up again!

Jeff  WB9KAZ