Re: 475 questions

Albert Otten

On Sat, May 23, 2020 at 10:39 PM, <ciclista41@yahoo.com> wrote:

Are "low-homic" current sensing resistors different from any other resistor of
the same rating?
Oh no, not at all. Since you are a beginner with 'scopes I thought too quickly that you might also not have small value resistors handy.
BTW I don't have a 475 myself and I sold my 465 long ago. For fun I measured the +12V and -12V in my 454 (an earlier analog 'scope than the 465) and found 10-11 ohms at both supply lines. A near zero value is really strange.
BTW in case you don't have one yet, a stabilized variable DC power supply with variable current limiting is very useful. Not just as power source but also in fault seeking. For instance, you can feed one of the big filter caps with a few volts DC and measure (or read) the (leakage?) current drawn.

Albert