From: TekScopes@groups.io [mailto:TekScopes@groups.io] On Behalf Of Michael W. Lynch via groups.io
Sent: Thursday, May 21, 2020 7:36 AM
To: TekScopes@groups.io
Subject: Re: [TekScopes] Questions I have if Attachments are Permitted

Dennis,

First let me say, I am happy with whatever the Administrator and Owners of this group decide. I will adapt as needed.

I have a serious question about this and since I seem to be quite oblivious, here goes:

QUESTION #4: If almost all TekScopes members have no interest in the
napkin
sketch you attached to your message why should they have to download it to their PC and pay data charges for something they will immediately delete once they see what the attachment is about.<<

My Question: Who pays data charges in today's world? Comments seem to indicate that many here use "metered" connections, and I simply did not realize that those were that common these days. My ISP is unlimited up and download as far as I know (Yes, I realized that download is MUCH faster than upload speeds). I have not paid data charges in decades. Keep in mind, I live in rural Arkansas, so I am not even close to the "bleeding edge" of the internet or cell coverage. I'm just happy to have relatively "High Speed" internet. This applies to my phone and home ISP. I am just asking so that I can learn. This seems to be a huge issue for many on this forum.

Please advise and educate, as you always seem to be able to do.

I appreciate all that you do and the great benefit of this forum.

Sincerely,

--
Michael Lynch
Dardanelle, Arkansas