Re: 475 questions

ciclista41@...

Thanks for the helpful reply, Reed!

Do you think it's safe to turn the scope on with all those test points showing as shorted? I don't want to destroy anything more than already possibly has been, and in my admittedly limited experience, a short means things go POP! I'm going to put a 100 watt incandescent light bulb in series with the hot line of my electrical receptacle as a voltage limiter to reduce the likelihood of frying anything in the few seconds it will take to do the measurements as you suggest.

I like the idea of using the 200 μF capacitor to see if it resolves some problems...or are you suggesting adding them in parallel with the filter caps that are so inaccessible as a permanent fix?